Changes within the local highway network may require the assessment of the impacts of the changes. This could include :-
- An assessment on the local parking in an area, including parking surveys and the development of a parking strategy;
- A review of the existing traffic patterns and an assessment of measures needed to improve traffic flow, reduce congestion and improve road safety. As part of this work a survey of the existing traffic patterns may be required, an assessment of schemes to bring about improvements and the production of proposals and a supporting report with recommendations. Measures could include changes to traffic flow by introducing turning bans, one-way systems and restriction on certain types of vehicles movements.
We have extensive experience in the assessment and development of traffic management proposals which includes :-
- local parking schemes,
- assessing bus access along key traffic routes,
- reviewing the layout of existing and proposed junctions,
- introducing traffic restrictions at junctions, and
- the assessment, design and consultation of extensive controlled parking zones.
If you require any advice on traffic management please contact us.